Monday 28 January 2013

Lamblin Chablis Fourchaumes 2010



This Chablis is from a lovely vintage and a very well rated premier cru. Fourchaumes is one of the better crus to start with after trying a few village Chablis - it doesn't break the bank, drinks fairly well early, and usually shows that extra depth of minerality that you don't get so much in the village wines. But this particular one is a step beyond. Maybe I just opened it at the perfect moment, but this is one of the best wines I have had all year.

It's powerful nose is intoxicating enough - green apples, sage, cinnamon, even a little green mango, but what gets me most is the finish. After a mouth-filling, slightly creamy and intensely peachy middle, it stretches into a generous seam of lime, saline, honeysuckle and minerals that just keeps on going and going until it reaches throughout your entire nervous system. Oh my god - weak at the knees stuff, you can taste it even a minute after you've swallowed it. Now, I know I bought it at Duty Free in the Airport, and I can tell you that the price should be about 200AED, but I'm pretty sure it's quite a bit less. You might even pick it up in the UK for just over 20 quid.

Drink Now or save for 4 years +
170AED (approx - sorry, I forgot!)
18.5/20

No comments:

Post a Comment